AyurvedaFirst is a Public Benefit Corporation, incorporated in the state of Delaware, in the United States. We are essentially a B-corp, with the flexibility to balance our corporate mission with shareholder profits. We chose the designation of B-corp specifically to allow us the ability to channel profits into research and development, education and creating infrastructure for a completely new model of healthcare based on the classical foundations of the practice of Āyurveda.
As a B-corp, we are proud to share our mission publicly, which is registered with the state of Delaware as:
” [to] use Ayurveda as a first means of promoting preventive health care, providing health education, and maintaining and improving individual health.”
We are constantly working towards these goals by lining up key steps, including:
- Offering the Total Health Tune-up in 12 weeks program to provide a personalized Āyurvedic approach to health, open to all
- Extensively researching the legal landscape to practice Āyurvedic Medicine in the United States, including obtaining legal counsel
- Offering genuine Āyurvedic medical education for professional-level practice on par with standards in India, with the Svastha Āchārya Certified Course
- Establishing rigorous standards and scopes of practice for Āyurvedic professionals on par with national, Indian and international standards
- Expanding professional collaboration and implementation of standards of practice by publishing the American Journal of Āyurveda
- Supporting R&D in Āyurveda with the OpenAyurveda project
We hope to grow and expand our goals as our resources increase. If you feel passionate about what we’re doing and would like to get in touch, please do! Contact us here.